F A C E – B O O K : The transparency of man: In this world on Facebook – hereafter in the Book of Life
– Group exhibition at the castle gallery of Schliengen (Germany)
– Group exhibition at the Grebencuk Gallery in Basel (Switzerland)
– Group exhibition at Dreiländermuseum Lörrach
(Border Triangle Museum in Lörrach, Germany)
– Glass wall design of the branch bank of Sparkasse in Binzen
– Glass wall design of the branch bank of Sparkasse in Kandern
– Glass wall design of the branch bank of Volksbank in Buggingen
– Group exhibition at the town hall gallery Rheinfelden
– Solo exhibition at the “ART & CONTEXT 101” gallery in Basel, Switzerland
– Glass wall design of the branch bank of Volksbank in Schliengen (Nidauer Platz),
– Glass wall design of the branch bank of Volksbank in Badenweiler
– Glass wall design of the branch bank of Sparkasse Europabrücke in Kehl
– “Prayers from around the wold” – installation – bought by Friedenskirche, Norddeich (D)
– Order for the realisation of a bus stop shelter in Eimeldingen
– Glass wall design of the branch bank of Volksbank in Neuenburg am Rhein
– Group exhibition “10 im Quadrat“ (10 squared) at Dreiländermuseum Lörrach
2013 – 2014
Solo exhibition “defacto x”, Erlangen
– Glass wall design of the branch bank of VR-Bank in Zell (im Wiesental)
– Group exhibition “PROvocate” at the “Filter4 cultur affairs” gallery, Basel
– Group exhibition at the Basel cathedral (Nacht des Glaubens (night of faith))
– Design of bible verses in the entrance area of the HOP (House of Prayers), Basel
– Participation in RegioART Lörrach
– Glass wall design of the branch bank of Sparkasse in Schönau (im Wiesental)
– Order for the artistic design of the foyer of the multi-purpose hall, Binzen
Title: “AUGEN-BLICKE” (moments)
Group exhibition at Verlagshaus Jaumann, Lörrach
1. Prize in a competition for the creation of a fountain in Emilienpark Grenzach-Wyhlen:
Title: “THE PATH OF LIFE – where we come from – where we’re going”
1st prize at the traffic roundabout competition “Im Entenschwumm”, Eimeldingen
Title: DUCK PORTAL
2000 und 2001
Her two children were born
worked by order of the German TV company, ARD, as a photographer in France for the book “Die Etappen der Tour de France ´99” (Stages of Tour de France ´99)
Final study project “Das kleine Pralinenbuch” (little book of pralines) published by Dumont-Verlag
(Idea, text, layout, pictures by Tanja Bürgelin-Arslan)
1997 – 1999
Employed as a graphic designer at an advertising company
1st prize in a competition of the town of Fürth for designing the “Rathaus” subway station.
Realisation 1994 – 1998
1992 – 1997
Studies of communication design at Georg-Simon-Ohm-Fachhochschule, Nuremberg
Focus on: photography, typography, illustration, graduated in 1997
Apprenticeship to become a ladies’ tailor
Preliminary course at the Basel school of design
University entrance qualifications acquired at Hans-Thoma-Gymnasium Lörrach
Born in Lörrach, Germany
With her art, Tanja Bürgelin-Arslan challenges our Christian culture, our faith and our society. She intends to show God’s glory and also encourage reflection and amaze the beholder.
PRAYERS FROM AROUND THE WORLD
Visual and acoustic installation
Over a period of two years, Tanja Bürgelin-Arslan collected prayers of Christians from all over the world.
Prayers are the connection between mankind and god.
The entirety of Christians forms the church of Jesus, and this art installation shows the church of Jesus praying:
Like a cloud, the prayers rise from earth to god.
They are very precious, therefore, they are made of very high-quality material, i.e. of mirror-polished stainless steel.
On the ceiling, there is a round mirror from which the prayers hang on transparent threads.
Below, on the floor, there is another round mirror of the same size suggesting spatial depth and infinity, thus symbolizing the connection between heaven and earth: It shows the infinite depth of the relationship between god and mankind.
In addition, one hears prayers spoken and sung:
Several sound track are played in parallel as “The Church Praying”
One prayer fades in and out again as if one were passing a praying person. Then another prayer fades to the foreground.
Light sculpture F A C E – B O O K
The transparency of man:
In this world on Facebook – hereafter in the Book of Life
The F A C E part:
In this world on Facebook:
Timeline provides access to our vital statistics. Haphazardly released information I invaluable for the advertising industry and cannot be deleted anymore. Even superficial information may be dangerous.
YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR IT
The B O O K part:
hereafter in the “Book of Life“:
Mankind will remain transparent, even in eternity. The essential thing, however is recorded in the Book of Life: Whether we lived our lives for or against God will have its effect in the Book of Life.
JESUS HAS PAYED FOR US